Dandelion Education Ltd is a place where children grow and flourish through exploring their natural environment under the skilled guidance and support of a team led by founders Hayley Room and Emma Harwood.
The seed of the idea came to Emma and Hayley, as they sat drinking tea under a flowering magnolia tree, dreaming of a perfect learning environment for children.
This seed became Dandelion Education Ltd.
Our Aim – We aim to develop your child holistically, using the environment and open questioning as a stimuli to support individual learning and personal growth. Sensitive to children’s needs, we will tailor the support needed to help your unique child blossom and grow.
At Dandelion we believe that children deserve and need high-quality interactions, and because of our commitment to our ethos and beliefs, we have excellent adult:child ratios. For children aged 2 we have a ratio of 1:2, most nurseries are 1:4. For children aged 3+ we have a ratio of 1:6 SETTINGS WITH QUALIFIED TEACHERS OFFER RATIOS OF 1:13, BUT WE DON’T! YOU WON’T FIND BETTER RATIOS THAN OURS!
- To provide high-quality affordable childcare in an educationally rich environment
- To create a safe, nurturing and enriched environment where a child’s emotional well-being and physical needs are a priority
- To support and facilitate children’s development through play, enquiry and the environment
- To encourage independence and confidence; concern and care for themselves, others and the environment
- To develop resourcefulness, self-efficacy, tolerance and respect
- To nurture the development of creative and critical thinking and problem-solving
- To support the development of high levels of vocabulary and emotional literacy
- To facilitate the development of concept rich dialogues between peers